Jennie recently completed one of those internet survey thingys (which always seem like they come from the good old days of the Internet, the kindler/gentler/more emo (for me) days). And I like reading question and answer posts, so… I stole it.
1. What is your favorite type of cheese? I’m basically a no-discrimination zone when it comes to cheese. All kinds, all day long. But I especially love raw milk cave aged Gruyere.
2. What are you excited about? The family trip to Tahoe, coming up in a few short weeks. My nieces and nephews get awesomer and awesomer as they get older and I just know it’s going to be a blast. (This seems as good a time as any to share this adorable story about my 6 year old nephew: Over the long Memorial Day weekend, B had a tooth emergency that resulted in an extraction on Monday morning- the first tooth to ever exit his mouth. When my sister told him that he should put it under the pillow for the Tooth Fairy, he sadly replied that “she only wants shiny, clean teeth.” My sister told him to try her anyway.)
3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? Oooh, an excellent weekend in Napa, staying on the Silverado trail. Tons of wine and pool lounging (thank you, Summer birthday that sucked FOREVER AND EVER but is now FULL OF ALL THE BEST THINGS). It was pretty perfect.
4. What is on your bedside table? A framed photo from Hawaii, a book that I keep meaning to read (I don’t remember the title of it- I usually bring my Kindle to bed and forget it’s there) and a ring holder I DIYed recently for the A&C blog.
5. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand? Oh, sweet, sweet movie food. I mostly care about the popcorn, but I usually cross my fingers that concessions will also have Coke Zero.
6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? I have no garden. I WANT a garden. A few months ago I bought a sweet plant stand and three medium sized terra cotta pots, full of ideas for at least a pretty herb garden. The pots are empty. I approach my front door with the slightest hint of tangible shame each and every day.
7. Any summer plans? Tahoe in a week or two. July is shaping up big with a long visit from Alyssa so that we can head to BlogHer. (There are house hunting/moving plans, so there’s not much else planned yet. I bought an entry to the Kauai Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend, but between the murky house plans and the last minute Cancun trip, that whole idea is TBD.)
8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? Crap. Somehow I’m not watching a TV show with a couple? That seems wrong, but I’ve been watching a lot of House Hunters and The Daily Show these days.
Oh! Wait! Jess/Nick and Mindy/Danny. BUT THAT SHOULD REALLY BE OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
9. What’s the last thing you bought? Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb in the Mexico City airport. I came home and found out it’s for men. But it smells like heaven, so I’m not too bothered by that. Spicy fragrances are my thing, but the versions for women always add strong floral notes. This one smells like the soap from the Hotel Nelligan in Montreal (friends from blogging days of old will remember it as my Scent Holy Grail).
10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? Oh heavens. Most recently? I’m still thinking of the kid trying to calculate GED test-taking fees versus Chipotle hourly wage ratios. (I posted it on Facebook, but it’s here if you missed it.)
11. What are you grateful for this week? My oldest sister’s health insurance. I will never stop being grateful for it.