Via Sundry, new and improved (shiny!) version.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Half Marathon: Hawaii. Quit: a job I was sabotaging and couldn't stand for one more day, a friend who only took or gave guilt. Started: a new job, one I hesitantly acknowledge that I love.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am one of those non-believers/haters of New Year's resolutions. Resolutions have turned into a bit of a joke, the opportunity to laugh at the next thing you will half-laughingly embrace for 8 or 9 days before it becomes the thing you couldn't take for another day, much less February 1st.
But I believe in changing yourself, improving who you are, deciding on a Tuesday that beginning Wednesday you will be more or less or better or stronger.
And so, I guess I'm hoping to do a few things different. Signed up for Biggest Blogging Loser with She Like Purple. Being kinder to myself about the things I love to do. Remembering.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister: another sweet baby boy to round out the ratio. My best friends: a 27 week old little miracle with sparkly blue eyes and huge, oxygenated lungs.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico- my very first trip to a touristy spot. Which I enjoyed very much. Beaches- who knew?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Work happiness. This seems to be undeniably on the right path.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sept 5- a half marathon finish on the beach, ox-tail soup, mall dancing, bad HBO movie. A banner day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Becoming unemployed. And then getting entirely, irritably, PREDICTABLY depressed about being so damn unemployed. But calming down about it anyway and allowing the job I wanted to just happen.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Could I please just FINALLY be a LITTLE bit of a faster runner?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yucky knees from running and the continuation of the world's worst immune system. But nothing major or unmanageable.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A couch. For the first apartment I've ever lived in when where it's my couch. Where I sit. With me. (And friends. When they're there. But other than that, just me.)
12. Where did most of your money go?
Being unemployed. Gets expensive.
13. What did you get really excited about?
I'm really playing out this new job thing, but The Job. Sincerely, a top 3 choice- and has been for over 10 years.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Sadly: "Teenage Dream"/Katy Perry. Happily: "Teenage Dream"/Glee.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner, I think.
– richer or poorer? Poorer in my pockets, richer in my heart.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Used my fantastic camera more. Traveled more. Had more champagne. More tea and Splenda. Playing with all the babies in my life.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Useless outings. Holding on to the job I hated out of pride and anger.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
As always, with all the family (minus the sick niece and brother-in-law) at my mom's. Eating the tamales we made a few weeks ago. (New Old Mexican tradition!) Pumpkin bread. Mom's cheesecake.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee. Seriously. Yes.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
That Steinbeck one. Specifics muddied, but still great.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
There were actually quite a few, but nothing over popular or new besides Inception and Harry Potter. 'Arry Pottah!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
29. Nordstrom Rack, shitty mexican, delicious cake.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to enjoy unemployment, as everyone kept telling me to do. But really, who can ENJOY knowing that they're not getting a paycheck? Certainly not anyone with a few responsibilities and a dwindling bank account.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
With the new job came new clothes happy. Casual-er, fun-er, better.
26. What kept you sane?
The library. DVR. Running (still hate it). Friends (Informal!). Love.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
There is nothing you want to do that you cannot do. x1,000,000